Wednesday 27 January 2010

Detoxification

I recently performed a 'Toxic Elements Clearance Profile Urine Test' whilst under the care of a nutritional therapy practitioner.  It revealed my body has stored higher than recommended levels of lead, mercury, bismuth and gadolinium.  The level of gadolinium could be explained, as this substance was injected into my hips prior to an MRI scan, in an attempt to understand the joint pains I was experiencing.  The course of treatment to detoxify the body was the combination of a supplement named chlorella, and to take very hot baths using epsom salts.  I had to gradually build up the chlorella dosage, as even a very small quantity caused my body to experience a large detoxification reaction.  After an intense ten day period with the worst symptoms then behind me, I was able to increase the dosage to a reasonable level.  After a month taking chlorella, I began to notice an improvement of my immune reaction symptoms, hence researched into its other known benefits.  Along with detoxification, I found chlorella has substantial immune system balancing properties.  My practitioner used her contacts in an attempt to understand these effects and to provide further possible treatments.  This will be expanded upon another time, as the research unveiled more understanding to the underlying ME/CFS complications.  

The 'Breakspear' has performed a 'DNA Adducts Blood Test' that also revealed I have a heavy metal toxicity, this time attached to a gene. Epsom salts baths were again recommended, along with a niacin supplement to activate an immune response prior to each detoxification session.  I immediately noticed great benefit from this which got me thinking.  If this immune reaction assists the detoxification process, would I not get an improved response from a hotter temperature than a bath.  My idea was to join a health centre to use such facilities as the sauna and steam room.  As I am obviously unable to use the majority of the facilities, I requested a special compensatory rate.  The manager accepted this, which was extremely pleasing, as long a I provided a letter from my GP.  This activity is not only advantageous to my health but could begin to provide me with some independence.  At present a ten minute sauna, although made me feel incredible immediately afterwards, quickly brought on fatigue, foggy brain and sore glands all caused by the immune response, and hence I was unable to drive myself home.  I believe this reaction is beneficial if monitored closely to ensure my health does not decline.  The experience was a learning curve and an eye opener as I returned to my previous level of health by the second morning after the activity.  I hope to steadily increase the time spent in the sauna once the symptoms reduce, and eventually be well enough to drive myself, providing the start to the independence I seriously miss.

11 comments:

  1. I expect you already know this but Dr Myhill specifically advises patients to use a sauna for detoxification. She actually recommends that they buy a home sauna
    http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/article.cfm?id=368

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Cusp. Yeah I have read good things about the home sauna's, I think Infra Red related. I considered purchasing one but decided upon the more expensive gym option. This gives me another reason for leaving the home and feel more linked to the general public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oliver

    Do you have the contact details for the XMRV testing centre?

    Thanks for a great blog

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin please contact the following email address and all the possible options will be given to you. If you are local to London you will probably be able to give blood at the BIOLAB clinic and they will send the samples to VIPdx (linked to WPI) directly.

    contact@xmrvtesting.co.uk

    If you follow this route you will join the group of us who have already done this and are now trying the push the matter forwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Oliver, thats great.

    I hope your Breakspear treatment is going well. I am hoping to go there soon. Did you go for the full treatments or did you just request anti-virals?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing everything the Breakspear has to offer and not just antivirals. When i feel well enough I hope to add all my findings to this blog. Good luck and maybe see you at the Breakspear this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Oliver
    Just wanted to share that I am having good results from taking hydroxocobalmin extreme ( i couldnt tolerate the other form of B12 )along with L Glutathione - a dramatic increase in energy over the past few days... wonder if it will last

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your post, while searching the web. Just wanted to say: Please PLEASE do not use chlorella --it affects mercury but just stir it up. Do not try chelation with other protocol than Andrew Cutler's. It's the only safe. Read here, follow the links (specially to Moria's site): http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol. Hope it helps!

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=44216634847&topic=6153

    check out the above link for boyd haley's thoughts on chlorella as a chelator. Professor Haley was chair of the chemistry Dept at Kentucky U for a long time and is pretty knowledgeable on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Detoxification means removing of toxins and waste products inside our body. It is the process wherein proper eating of healthy foods like fruits and vegetables are advised to the one undergoing detoxification process. There are detoxification programs that are available online. There is center that offers drug and alcohol detox and rehabilitation using raw foods and holistic medicines.

    ReplyDelete